What are Diastasis recti?
Image showing the effect of the stretching of the linea alba
Diastasis Recti in Pregnant & Postpartum Women
In these women, the growth of the uterus causes the rectus Abdominis to stretch.
Women who have had many births especially up to five are more susceptible to this condition due to repeated episodes of stretching.
When this occurs during pregnancy, the uterus can sometimes be bulging through the abdominal wall beneath the skin.
When are women more prone to diastasis recti?
- You are more prone to developing diastasis recti if you are pregnant over the age of 35.
- If you’re having a heavy baby.
- If you’re having multiple-birth pregnancy ie twins, triplets, etc
- As earlier stated, many pregnancies (you’ve had more than one pregnancy) are also a factor that could lead to the condition.
Excessive abdominal exercises after the first trimester of pregnancy.
How to know if you have it?
- If you develop a deep gap or space below your navel and notice a mound protruding at your midline.
- Your belly might also look like a 5-month pregnant belly.
How Waist Training Helps to Heal Diastasis Recti.
- The steel bones in a corset give it proper reinforcement for binding the tummy back together. The “binding effect” of the corset will reduce the gap between the two abdominal muscles.
- Wearing a corset holds you in and binds your tummy together very well. And also supports your lower back.
- Wearing a corset while Waist training has helped several women dealing with Diastasis Recti in their healing process.
Please follow your doctor’s advice while waist training if you have Diastasis Recti.
They will also recommend exercises that you can do which will also help you in your healing.