Apart from the fact that Physical activity can help you to lose weight, it also helps to improve your health and can reduce the risk of developing several diseases including type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Physical activity has long-term health benefits and helps to improve your quality of life. So if you haven’t already done so, please include some sort of physical activity in your regular schedule.
Some of the benefits of physical activity can include:
- Weight management/weight loss.
- Reduction in the risk of developing several diseases.
- Strengthening of bones and muscles.
- Improved sleep patterns.
- Improved brain activity.
- Reduction of stress.
- Improvement in your daily activities.
- Increased chance of living a longer and healthier life.
Here are some suggestions for fun ways to stay active
- Dancing for 30 minutes.
- Taking long walks (at least 30mins-1hr) three to five times a week.
- Playing outdoor games like football etc with kids.
- Taking the stairs rather than the lift.
- Parking a short distance away from your office so that you can take a short walk.
- Having walking meetings with client’s to encourage physical activity.
- Attending dance classes.
- Jump rope.
- Taking your dog for a walk.
- Joining a sports club.