If you’ve ever been to the salon for a facial you already know that you can use skincare as a means of relaxation during times of stress.
Besides getting your face treatment done, you are left feeling utterly fresh afterward.
You also experience some soothing and pampering which leaves you feeling a lot more relaxed than you were before you went in for the treatment.
Using Skincare as a means of relaxation during times of stress:
Skincare goes beyond being a tool for healthy skin. It is also perfect for relaxation especially when we find ourselves in strenuous situations where we have to figure out how to appropriately unwind.
- Skincare goes beyond being a tool for healthy skin. It is also perfect for relaxation.
- Lately, an increasing number of specialists in the skincare world has been speaking up about the advantages of facial massages.
- Like a scaled-down exercise for your face, face massage includes rubbing key facial muscles and pressure areas like your forehead, cheekbones, and jawline using your hands or a stone roller.
- Only a couple of moments of the massage helps to increase blood flow, lessen puffiness, and keep your skin looking new, energetic, and free from fine lines.
- A facial massage can help to calm you down in times of stress. And you can do it easily at home by yourself.
- A facial massage does more than de-stressing you, it also stimulates your facial skin and muscles, and gets the blood and lymph moving to create a brighter and more even skin tone.
- For best results, massage your face for 3-5 minutes, 3 times a week.
What is a facial massage and Its Benefits ?
- Facial massage is a massage for the face.
- It entails applying gentle deep stroking, tapping, pinching, and kneading movements to areas that are prone to puffiness, wrinkles, or muscle tension on your face.
- Facial massaging helps to slow down the aging process and promote healthy beautiful skin.
- And it is done easily with a facial roller and massager, like the Flawless Contour.
How to do facial massage at home
You don’t have to be an expert to do facial massage at home. Just follow the steps laid down below:
- Step 1: Prepare your face by first cleansing it.
- Step 2: Apply a generous amount of your moisturizer 🧴 or oil to your face. Use enough to lubricate your face and make it supple and easy to massage without feeling like you’re pulling or tugging at your skin.
- Step 3: Starting at the top, use the tips of your fingers to massage your face. Use long sweeping motions to relax and elongate the muscles and stimulate the lymphatic system.
- Step 4: Sweep your hands from the center of your face out and upwards. This encourages the lifting of the muscles while also working against the force of gravity. Be gentler when massaging your eye area because the skin is 40% thinner and more delicate. Start your eye massage on either side of the nose and run your fingers upwards towards the temples. Thus helping to reduce puffiness in the eye area.
- Step 5: Focus on the jaw and the lower half of the face by starting at the center of the chin and then drawing your hands upwards towards the ears. Using some pressure, use your fingers to cradle the jaw and stimulate lax muscles to prevent drooping.
- Step 6: To relieve pressure in your temples and forehead, circle your fingers over your temples three times and press pat the rest of your moisturizer into the skin for maximum hydration.
And that’s all!